Category of fund:
Islamic Money Market
Type of fund:
The Fund seeks to provide regular income* whilst maintaining capital stability**.
* Income will be in the form of cash or additional Units.
** The Fund is not a capital guaranteed fund or a capital protected fund.
This fund invests in a portfolio combination of cash and Sukuk as underlying assets that offers a higher cumulative return to investors while preserving their capital.
- 70% – 90% of the fund will be invested in money market instruments, Islamic deposits and Islamic investment accounts.
- 10% – 30% of the fund will be invested in Islamic commercial papers, Sukuk and/or Malaysia Government Investment Issues (MGII).
• Liquidity risk
• Country risk
• Currency risk
• Political risk
• Regulatory risk
• Credit/Default risk
• Profit rate risk
The Fund seeks to achieve its objective by investing:-
Minimum 70% of the Fund’s NAV in the following instruments that have maturity period of not more than 365 days:
- Short-term money market instruments, Islamic deposits and/or Islamic Investment Accounts with financial institutions.
Minimum 10% of the Fund’s NAV will be investing in:
- Islamic commercial papers with a minimum rating of P1 by RAM or MARC-1 by MARC;
- listed and/or unlisted RM-denominated Sukuk with a minimum rating of A3 by RAM or A- or by MARC;
- listed and/or unlisted RM-denominated and non-RM-denominated Sukuk with a minimum rating of BBB- or A-3 by S&P or Baa3 or P-3 by Moody’s or BBB- or F3 by Fitch or equivalent rating by local rating agency(ies);
- Malaysia Government Investment Issues (MGII), Bank Negara monetary notes and any other government approved/guaranteed Sukuk; and
- Any other form of Shariah-compliant investment as may be agreed upon by the Manager and the Trustee from time to time.
The investment policy is to invest in liquid short-term investments with capital preservation. The Fund will also be actively managed to provide liquidity.
Bank Islam’s 1-month Term-Deposit i (Tawarruq).
Please note that the risk profile of the Fund may be higher than the risk profile of the benchmark.
The Fund is for Sophisticated Investors who are favoring regular income stream* and capital stability**:
*Income will be in the form of cash or additional Units.
**The Fund is not a capital guaranteed fund or a capital protected fund.
Subject to availability of income, the Fund will distribute income on a monthly basis.
CIMB Islamic Trustee Berhad
BIMB Investment Management Berhad