BIMB INVEST LAUNCHES
BIMB-ARABESQUE i GLOBAL DIVIDEND FUND 1
MALAYSIA’S FIRST MULTI-CURRENCY SHARIAH & ESG COMPLIANT GLOBAL EQUITY FUND
KUALA LUMPUR, Thursday, [12 November 2015] – BIMB Investment Management Berhad (“BIMB Invest”), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bank Islam Malaysia Berhad today officially launched the BIMB-Arabesque i Global Dividend Fund 1 (“the Fund”), Malaysia’s first multi-currency Shariah and ESG compliant global equity fund, in partnership with global asset manager, Arabesque Asset Management Holding Ltd, UK. Dato’ Sri Zukri Samat, Chairman of BIMB Invest, described the launch of the Fund as a revolutionary leap, as “it is the first to offer cutting edge fund management technology that aims to outperform any market conditions for sustainable performance.” “In addition, it is environmental, social and governance (ESG) compliant”, he said at the launch today.
The BIMB-Arabesque i Global Dividend Fund 1 is targeted at corporate and individual investors seeking capital appreciation while diversifying their investment abroad in the most cost effective way. Investors can choose to subscribe for the Fund in Malaysian Ringgit and US Dollar.
Dato’ Sri Zukri Samat said: “Our partnership with Arabesque, has given BIMB Invest greater flexibility to invest into global markets on behalf of our investors. The proven expertise in Shariah compliant sustainable investments, risk management techniques, and state-of-the-art fund management technology of Arabesque will definitely benefit BIMB Invest and our clients, as we step into a new and exciting stage of growth.” Mr Omar Selim, CEO of of Arabesque Asset Management Holding Ltd, UK, said: “We are very pleased to be collaborating with BIMB Invest, a member of Malaysia’s pioneer Islamic banking group to offer the investment community an innovative and sustainable product.”
“The integration of non-financial information as a critical factor in the investment process is fast becoming a global trend. At Arabesque, we use more than 1,000 charts and patterns to organise an investment universe of 1,000 Shariah compliant global stocks, which the Fund will draw from, into a combination that delivers a superior risk-return profile using fundamental, quantitative, forensic, financial and non-financial data. We are confident today’s announcement is the start of a long and successful partnership with BIMB Invest.”
Arabesque was developed in 2011 by Barclays Bank PLC, before its senior management bought out all rights and intellectual property and established it independently in 2013. The firm integrates non-financial ESG information with quantitative investment strategies to not only reduce portfolio risk but to also actively drive performance. The Fund is compliant with the values of the United Nations Global Compact, Principles for Responsible Investment (UNPRI) and the Accounting and Auditing Organization for Islamic Financial Institutions (AAOIFI).
BIMB Invest CEO, Encik Najmuddin Lutfi, during his presentation on the features of the Fund said: “Successful investing starts with diversification. This is particularly crucial in times of intense market uncertainty as we are currently experiencing. Investors should have exposure into a more efficient investment portfolio that responses to daily market volatility with real time stock selection process for superior investment performance.“ “The BIMB-Arabesque i Global Dividend Fund 1 is benchmarked against MSCI All Country World Index. The Fund seeks to provide a target of 6% annual income payout and sustainable capital appreciation growth for long term investment performance through new and cutting-edge investment management technology delivered by Arabesque.”
Mr Gabriel Karageorgiou, Director at Arabesque Partners, said: “The launch of the BIMB-Arabesque i Global Dividend Fund 1 marks the point in time where integration of ESG data in the capital allocation process becomes available to everyone. BIMB Investment now offers a global product which combines sustainability, financial and momentum analyses to drive performance and manage risks while expressing the clients’ personal values and beliefs.”
The Fund is offered for subscription in the Malaysian Ringgit and the US Dollar at RM0.50 and USD0.50 per unit respectively, for 45 calendar days during the initial offer period, from 5 November till 19 December 2015. The minimum initial investment required for the Fund is RM30,000 or USD10,000.
Offering greater ease to the investors, the BIMB-Arabesque i Global Dividend Fund 1 can be subscribed from Bank Islam and BIMB Invest licensed Consultants nationwide. Other than that, the Fund also offers free Takaful (TPD) coverage of up to RM100,000 which provides additional protection to the investor’s overall portfolio value.
For more information, please contact 1-800-88-1196 or visit www.bimbinvestment.com.my
- BIMB lancar dana ekuiti patuh syariah, Berita Harian
- BIMB Invest Sasar Pertumbuhan 40 Peratus Dalam AUM Tahun Depan, Bernama (BM)
- BIMB Invest Eyes 40 Pct Growth In AUM Next Year, Bernama (Eng)
- BIMB sasar aset RM1b, Harian Metro
- First Multicurrency Islamic Fund for Malaysia, Islamic Finance News
- BIMB Investment sasar RM1b, Kosmo
- BIMB assets under management to spike 40%, Malay Mail
- BIMB Invest eyeing 40% growth in AUM next year, Malaysian Reserve
- BIMB Investment Management launched the BIMB-Arabesque i Global Dividend Fund 1, a ringgit and US Dollar denonimated scheme, The Malaysian Insider
- BIMB, Arabesque Launches First Multi-Currency Equity Fund, Nanyang Siang Pau
- BIMB Invest eyes 40pc growth in AUM, New Straits Times
- Ample Liquidity in Local stock market, says BIMB Invest, The Edge Financial Daily
- BIMB launches first multi-currency equity fund, The Edge
- BIMB Invest eyes 40 pct growth in AUM next year, The Malaysian Times
- BIMB Invest eyes 40% growth in funds managed next year, The Star
- BIMB Invest unjur pertumbuhan 40 peratus pada 2016, Utusan Malaysia
- Launch of BIMB-Arabesque i Global Dividend Fund 1, TV3 BizWorld
- Launch of BIMB-Arabesque i Global Dividend Fund 1, Buletin Utama TV3
- Launch of BIMB-Arabesque i Global Dividend Fund 1, Nasional 8 TV1
- BIMB Invest-Arabesque partnership – win-win for both, Islamic Finance News